Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hair today....gone tomorrow

Out of the blue, on Wednesday this week, Hannah came up to me and told me she wanted to donate her hair to "Locks of Love". I had mixed feelings about her getting her hair cut off...at times I had wished it were shorter so as to avoid the trauma of the brush, and other times I have been thankful for the ability to pull it back into braids or a ponytail. But in the end I decided she was old enough to decide for herself whether or not to have her hair cut...besides, how do you say no to charitable wishes? So, on Friday we went to see my Aunt Lucy who is a hairdresser and has connections to "Locks of Love". Of course, I had to document the occasion with a few snapshots!

Long, beautiful hair...

First of two ponytails to be cut off.


Two, ten inch ponytails going to a good cause.

Ta Da!


Short, beautiful hair!

4 comments:

RxMommy said...

That was such a good thing for Hannah to do. Her hair is beautiful whether short or long. Maybe one day I can arrange to take Hannah up to the hospital to meet some kids who receive the hair from "Locks for Love". Tell Hannah we are very proud of her.

pawlyandsandy said...

Good job Hannah, I'm glad you wanted to help others, how sweet! Wow that's a lot of hair! Did you cry Carrie? I like the new look, she's a beauty. I hope we can see you guys Wed night when we come up, or if not then Sunday night maybe.

Bryan & Sarah said...

Wow that is such an awesome thing!!! Bryan's sister actually did the same thing last week too! She surprised us all by coming home from mutual one night and had cut 14 inches off while at mutual!!! We were all shocked but then she told us what it was for and that she really wanted to do it! What a neat story Hannah will always have to tell!!

pawlyandsandy said...

What's your secret? I love you're new docor on your blog! Where did you find it/how did you do it? I'd love our blog to look cool and different. Funny that you've been bloging less than me but know more, you're amazing!

just a little easy listening!